EASTMAN Community Computing Inc. (hereafter called FreeNet) is a community-based computer network designed to give free access to electronic information services in Eastern Manitoba.
1. The use of the FreeNet is a privilege which may be revoked by the administrators of the system at any time for unacceptable conduct. Such conduct includes, but not be limited to, the placing of unlawful information on the system, and the use of obscene, abusive or otherwise objectionable language in either public or, upon registration or complaint, private messages.
2. FreeNet reserves the right to review any material stored in files to which all users have access.
3. All information services and features contained on the FreeNet are intended for the private use of its patrons, and any commercial or unauthorized use of those materials, in any form is expressly forbidden; it is placed there for general informational and entertainment purposes and is in no way intended to refer to, or be applied to, any specific person, case, or situation.
4. FreeNet does NOT warrant that the functions of this system will meet any specific requirements nor that it will be error free or uninterrupted; not shall it be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation or inability to use the FreeNet.
5. All members must abide by such rules and regulations of system usage as may be announced from time to time by the administrators of the FreeNet.
6. The administrators of FreeNet will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes obscene, abusive, or objectionable conduct or materials.
7. All members who are of the minimum age of 16 and who reside in the service area have full voting rights. By law, all directors of FreeNet must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
8. In consideration for the privilege of using the FreeNet and in consideration for having access to the information contained on it, by applications for membership, all members release the FreeNet, its officers and directors, operators, and any firms or institutions with which they are affiliated for any and all claims of any nature rising from their usage of the FreeNet. Further, FreeNet assumes no responsibility for any long distance charges which may be incurred by its members.
9. Unauthorized commercial use is expressly forbidden.